Please Note: This is a review for the original GBC MagnaPunch that has now been replaced by the GBC MagnaPunch 2.
The GBC MagnaPunch is a heavy-duty electric desktop binding punch. This unit is rated by GBC at 40,000 sheets punched per hour, but realistically can punch closer to 30,000 sheets an hour. It has a half second punch cycle and a continuous duty motor for increased productivity.
The MagnaPunch is ideal for medium to heavy production print shops or in plant operations as well. This unit has a wide variety of interchangeable die sets that allow for all desired punch patterns including GBC ProClick, plastic comb, color coil, twin loop wire and VeloBind.
- Companies that prefer the traditional, lay flat style for paper feeding will be pleased with this unit.
- The MagnaPunch has an extra large chip drawer for fewer project pauses.
- This unit can be operated by either a foot pedal or the automatic punch sensor mechanism.
- Switching the die sets is a snap as no tools are necessary.
- GBC nationwide service coverage access is good.
- With the lay flat feed style of the MagnaPunch, sheets can be off skew or punched unevenly if the user is not careful during paper insertion.
- This unit does have a slightly higher price point than other comparable units, but in this case you do get what you pay for.
The GBC MagnaPunch is one of the best electric punch units in its class. The lay flat feed design has some advantages over a gravity feed unit and the MagnaPunch is faster and easier to use than many similar interchangeable die punch machines.